This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)
Colyford is a village and civil parish in the East Devon district, in the county of Devon, England. It is situated midway between Lyme Regis and Sidmouth on the A3052 road. To the north the village borders the town Colyton. To the south is the seaside resort town Seaton, separated from Colyford by the Seaton Wetlands, a series of nature reserves flanking the estuary of the River Axe. Colyford lies on the River Coly, which flows into the River Axe immediately to the east of the village.
|OS grid reference||SY249924|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Devon and Cornwall|
|Fire||Devon and Somerset|
Colyford was formerly an ancient borough. It was formerly in the civil parish of Colyton, on 1 April 2023 it became a civil parish in its own right.
Colyford is served by St Michael's Church. There are a post office, a butcher and two pubs.
Colyton Grammar School dates from 1546 and made headlines in recent years as the first school to 'opt out' of local authority control and gain grant-maintained status and for achieving very high rankings in national examination league tables.
Colyford is home to a petrol station built in 1927–8. Although it no longer sells fuel, the filling station still displays 1950s petrol pumps.
Seaton Tramway runs over part of the former Seaton Branch line between Seaton, Colyford and Colyton. The branch closed in 1966, and tram services from Riverside commenced in August 1970, reaching Colyford in April 1971. Journey times from Colyford station are 15 minutes to Seaton and 10 minutes to Colyton. The Tramway operates a daily service from Easter to the end of October and a more limited service outside of this period.
Colyford is served by AVMT Buses' service 885 that runs between Beer & Axminster via Seaton & Colyton. Dartline 20 also serves Colyford between Seaton and Taunton via Honiton.
- ^ "Colyford Village website". Colyford Village. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- ^ "Relationships and changes Colyford Borough through time". A Vision of Britain through Time. Retrieved 10 May 2023.
- ^ "The Colyford (Reorganisation of Community Governance) Order 2023" (PDF). Local Government Boundary Commission for England. Retrieved 10 May 2023.
- ^ "Colyton Grammar School Website". Colyton Grammar. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- ^ "Colyton 99% GCSE pass rate". GetBucks. Archived from the original on 15 April 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- colyfordvillage.co.uk - City Colyford's website