Dar al Athar al Islamiyyah
Dar al Athar al Islamiyyah is a cultural organization operating several cultural centers in Kuwait.
|Coordinates||29°22′05″N 47°57′44″E / 29.36794°N 47.96235°E|
The organization has a collection of more than 20,000 items of rare Islamic art. The collection belongs to Sheikh Nasser Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah and his wife Sheikha Hussa Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah, who personally oversees the Kuwait National Museum. Many items, especially those from the pre-Islamic period, are housed at Amricani Cultural Centre in Kuwait.
The collection includes "books, manuscripts, ceramics, glass, metal, precious stones and jewelled objects, architectural ornaments, textiles and carpets, coins and scientific instruments."
The Dar al Athar al Islamiyyah cultural centres include education wings, conservation labs, and research libraries.
- ^ a b "The Al-Sabah Collection".
- ^ a b "Dar al-Athar al-Islamiyyah at Amricani Cultural Centre". darmuseum.org.kw.
- ^ "Qibla Cultural District".
- ^ a b "About - Kuwait National Museum". Dar al Athar al Islamiyyah. 16 Jul 2020. Archived from the original on 16 Jul 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- ^ "Dar al-Athar al-Islamiyyah at Yarmouk Cultural Centre".
- Official website
- The Al-Sabah Collection
- Dar al Athar al Islamiyyah within Google Arts & Culture
- Media related to Google Art Project works in al Sabah Collection, Kuwait at Wikimedia Commons