This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)
Greater Kailash (often referred to as GK) is a residential area in South Delhi consisting of several neighborhoods and multiple markets. It is divided into two zones, namely Parts 1, 2, and 3, located around a section of the Outer Ring Road. The neighborhood registered a 4.4% growth in residential sales.
|Coordinates: 28°32′40″N 77°14′23″E / 28.544342°N 77.23971°E|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Greater Kailash 1Edit
Greater Kailash 1 (GK-I) was developed in the 1960s by DLF Limited when Delhi Government allowed private developers to build colonies and is today one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the city, home to well-known politicians, business personality and people associated with Bollywood industry. GK 1 markets in M and N Block are some of the most popular markets among Delhites and tourists because of its wide range of shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. The Office of ASSOCHAM was there in Zamrudpur Community Centre till May 2013.
Greater Kailash Part 2Edit
The development of Greater Kailash-I was followed by the expansion of Greater Kailash Part II, which has easier accessibility to the Outer Ring Road of New Delhi. M-Block, GK II is a popular market, with many restaurants, coffee shops, sanitary shops and beauty salons. It is one of the largest hubs for sanitary ware in Northern India. Recently the market has experienced heavy footfall due to several restaurants, salons and banks.
Greater Kailash Part 3Edit
The development of Greater Kailash-II has also led to its expansion into Greater Kailash-III, now bordering GK-II and adjacent to the Greater Kailash Metro station.
Established in the early 1960s, the Greater Kailash locality has two metro stations on the violet and magenta lines. It has its own prime market which hosts numerous opulent salons, boutiques and eating joints. Property prices have always been high in this borough due to the numerous facilities available. Builder floors and independent villas cost anywhere between INR 6-25 crores (the US $800,000 - $9,000,000). Rental rates are also very high due to which this residential area is among the most expensive places of New Delhi.
- Balvantray Mehta Vidya Bhawan Anguridevi Shersingh Memorial Academy
- Don Bosco School
- Summer Fields School
- K R Mangalam
- After School Academy
- Shekhawati Hospital
- Apollo Spectra Hospital
- Fortis La Femme Hospital
- Sukhda Hospital
- Phoenix Hospital Archived 19 December 2021 at the Wayback Machine
- Premier Skin Hospital
- Bharti Eye Hospital
- Spectra Eye Hospital
- AJ Kanwar Skin Hospital Archived 28 November 2021 at the Wayback Machine
∆ Sanatan Dharm Mandir ∆ Arya Samaj Mandir ∆ Church
- The Domestic Airport is 17 km from Greater Kailash.
- The International Airport (IGI) is 22 km from Greater Kailash.
- The Nizamuddin Railway station is approximately 9 km from Greater Kailash
- The New Delhi Railway Station is approximately 15 – 16 km from Greater Kailash
- ^ "Cryptic tales". Times of India. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- ^ Bhandari, Laveesh (16 October 2016). "Delhi's Greater Kailash constituency highlights complexity of urban governance". www.business-standard.com. Retrieved 13 March 2023.
Nehru Place Distributors Archived 13 July 2022 at the Wayback Machine Nehru Place