Infobase is an American publisher of databases, reference book titles and textbooks geared towards the North American library, secondary school, and university-level curriculum markets. Infobase operates a number of prominent imprints, including Facts On File, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, Chelsea House (which also serves as the imprint for the special collection series, "Bloom's Literary Criticism" under the direction of literary critic Harold Bloom), and Ferguson Publishing.
|Country of origin||United States|
|Owner(s)||Centre Lane Partners|
Facts On File has been publishing books since 1941. It was owned by CCH from 1965 to 1993. The publisher publishes general reference and trade books. Facts On File acquired Ferguson Publishing, which specializes in career education works, in 2003.
Chelsea House was founded in 1966. It is known for multi-volume reference works.
The private equity firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson bought Facts on File and Chelsea House in 2005. Infobase bought Films for the Humanities & Sciences in 2007 and the World Almanac in 2009. Infobase acquired Learn360 in 2012. In 2017, Infobase acquired The Mailbox lesson plans and Learning magazine. Veronis Suhler Stevenson sold Infobase to another private equity firm, Centre Lane Partners, in 2018.
Infobase acquired Credo Reference in 2018. The World Almanac was sold to SkyHorse Publishing in 2020. Infobase acquired careers website Firsthand (including Vault.com), in 2021. Infobase acquired Omnigraphics in 2022.
As well as nonfiction works in print, Infobase and its imprints publish a selection of works in digital, audiovisual and online database formats.
This source has been studied and seemed to provide, valid information focusing on providing schools and other institutions with correct information
- Facts On File
- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Cambridge Educational
- Chelsea House Publishing
- Bloom's Literary Criticism
- Ferguson Publishing
- ^ "Infobase Celebrates 80 Years Serving Educators and Lifelong Learners".
- ^ "About Facts on File". FOFWeb. United States: Facts on File. Archived from the original on 2018-06-12. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- ^ "Facts on File sold by CCH". Publishers Weekly. 1993-04-19. Retrieved 2019-10-15.
- ^ "Facts on File, Inc". PublishersGlobal. Calgary: Impello Inc. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- ^ "Facts on File Buys Ferguson Publishing". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- ^ "Haights Cross Completes Three Purchases". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2019-10-15.
- ^ "Berkery, Noyes & Co. advises Exeter Capital Partners on the sale of Facts on File to Veronis Suhler Stevenson". Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- ^ "News Briefs". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- ^ "Infobase Buys Films Media Group". Library Journal. Archived from the original on 2014-08-26. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- ^ "Infobase Learning Announces Acquisition of Learn360 – VSS".
- ^ "Infobase Announces Acquisition of The Mailbox" (Press release). Infobase. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- ^ "Centre Lane Partners Acquires Infobase from VSS". CNBC. 2018-01-08. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- ^ "Infobase Announces Acquisition of Credo Reference Limited".
- ^ "Infobase Announces Acquisition of Firsthand, Alumni Engagement and Mentoring Platform".
- ^ "Infobase Acquires Omnigraphics, Expanding Portfolio of Critical Health Reference Content for Educators and Librarians" (Press release).
- Official website
- Films for the Humanities available on the Internet Archive