Mahfuza Khanam is a Bangladeshi academic and social activist. She is the current president of Asiatic Society of Bangladesh since January 2018. She was awarded Begum Rokeya Padak (2012) and Anannya Top Ten Awards (2013).
|President of Asiatic Society of Bangladesh|
|Assumed office |
22 January 2018
|Preceded by||Amirul Islam Chowdhury|
While Khanam was a student of the University of Dhaka, she served as the vice-president of Dhaka University Central Students' Union (DUCSU). In 2009, Khanam served as the General Secretary of Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
Khanam served as the director general of Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education. She served as the chairperson of Khelaghar Ashor, an organisation for children. She is also the president of several organisations including Manikganj Samity in Dhaka, Peshajibi Nari Samaj (Professional Women Society) and Federation of World Teachers' Association (FWTA). She is a vice-president on the executive committee of the Itihas Academy. She also served as 15th Principal of Manikgonj Gov't Women's College, Manikgonj.
Begum Mahfuza Khanom was awarded for Ekushey Padak (it is the second highest civilian award in Bangladesh, introduced in memory of the martyrs of the Bengali Language Movement of 1952 The award is given to recognize contributions in a number of fields, including culture, education, and economics.) In 2021, The Ministry of Cultural Affairs administers the award 21 distinguished citizens of the country for outstanding contributions in their respective fields. She got the award for the contribution in Education.
Khanam was born to Mustafizur Rahman Khan and Saleha Khanam. She is married to Shafique Ahmed, a barrister and a former minister of law.
- ^ "Presidents". www.asiaticsociety.org.bd. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Blockade aims to save war criminals: PM". The Daily Star. 2012-12-10. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Ananya awards 10 women". The Daily Star. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Absence of Ducsu for decades degraded student politics". The Daily Star. 2019-03-09. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "President lauds Asiatic Society". The Daily Star. 2009-09-06. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Body formed to remove managerial weaknesses". The Daily Star. 2009-10-01. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "'Influential quarters in remote areas often shelter culprits'". The Daily Star. 2019-07-06. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Khelaghar for special tribunal to try crimes against children". The Daily Star. 2018-05-05. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "School magazine Kantabotee launched in Manikganj". The Daily Star. 2012-05-18. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "'No criminal can escape trial'". The Daily Star. 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Plot on to foil war crimes trial". The Daily Star. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "Executive Committee". Itihas Academy.
- ^ "College Administration". Manikgonj Government Women's College.
- ^ "21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021". Dhaka Tribune. 2021-02-04.
- ^ "Two trust funds set up at DU". The Daily Star. 2012-12-20. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- ^ "161 students get Prof Mahfuza Khanam-Barrister Shafique Ahmed stipend". The Daily Star. 2016-10-01. Retrieved 2019-12-10.