Securian Financial Group
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2020)
Securian Financial Group, Inc. is a mutual holding company that provides a range of financial products and services. Founded in St. Paul, Minnesota by Russell Dorr on August 6, 1880, Securian Financial provides insurance, investment retirement products and Trust services to more than 19 million clients in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
|Formerly||Minnesota Mutual Life Insurance Company, Minnesota Life Insurance Company|
|Founded||August 6, 1880|
St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.
|Headquarters||Securian Center, |
St. Paul, Minnesota,
|United States and Canada|
|Christopher M. Hilger (President and CEO)|
|AUM||$78.6 billion (USD)|
Number of employees
As of 2018, the company managed $78.6 billion in assets and had nearly $1.2 trillion in insurance in force.
Robert Senkler was the CEO from 1994 to 2014. Chris Hilger is the current chairman, president and CEO.
Minnesota Mutual Companies, Inc. is the parent holding company headquartered in St. Paul, MN with a mutual ownership model that operates under the name "Securian Financial". It is the parent of Securian Financial Group, Inc. (which is technically a stock subsidiary, but is not publicly owned or traded), as well as several other companies that provide a broad range of financial services, including:
- Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- Securian Life Insurance Company
- Securian Financial Services
- Securian Trust Company
- Allied Solutions
- Securian Asset Management
- Asset Allocation & Management Company (AAM)
- Securian Casualty Company
- American Modern Life Insurance Company
- Southern Pioneer Life Insurance Company
- ^ "Securian Financial Group". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- ^ a b "About Us". Securian Financial.
- ^ "Chris Hilger to lead Securian". Advisor Magazine.
- ^ "Leadership". Securian Financial.
- ^ "2017 Summary Annual Report to Members". 2017 Summary Annual Report to Members | Securian Financial. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- ^ "Advantus".