The National Counties Building Society is a UK building society, which has its head office in Epsom, Surrey. It is a member of the Building Societies Association.
|Type||Building Society (Mutual)|
|Headquarters||Epsom, England, UK|
|Products||Savings, Mortgages, Investments,|
|Total assets||£2.1 billion GBP (December 2018)|
Number of employees
Founded as the Fourth Post Office Mutual Society in 1896, it was renamed as National Counties in 1972 and its membership no longer limited to Post Office staff. Mostly a postal and online based building society, it has one branch in Epsom.
On 14 July 2014 the society founded the Family Building Society. This was the first building society to launch in the United Kingdom since the Ecology Building Society opened in 1981.
- ^ Webb, Tim (14 July 2014). "Family Building Society vows to take pressure off the bank of Mum and Dad". The Times. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- ^ Chan, Szu Ping (14 July 2014). "Family Building Society aims to help parents to help children". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- National Counties Building Society
- Building Societies Association
- KPMG Building Societies Database 2008