The Worcester News is a local newspaper, and the only daily newspaper in Worcester (UK), reporting on breaking news and local matters covering the City of Worcester and surrounding areas within the county. It was previously named Worcester Evening News until it was rebranded in July 2005.
|Type||Daily Local Newspaper (Monday–Saturday)|
|Owner(s)||Newsquest Media Group|
Subsidiary of Gannett
|Launched||29 January 1935|
227 London Road
|Circulation||3,456 (as of 2023)|
|Sister newspapers||Berrow's Worcester Journal|
The newspaper is published Monday to Saturday at its offices in Redhill House, Worcester.
The newspaper is owned by Newsquest Media Group, which was acquired by US-based Gannett in 1999.
The Worcester News was named Midlands Best Local Newspaper of the Year in 2010.
The Worcester News has dedicated sections throughout the week:
- Wednesday Edition: Jobs pages
- Thursday Edition: Property Supplement
- Friday Edition: Motoring Section
- All editions: News, events, reviews, opinions.
- ^ Gannett. "Form 10-K". Securities & Exchange Commission. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "Worcester News crowned region's top newspaper". Newspaper of the year - Worcester News. The Business Desk - Tomorrow's News Today. May 2010.